Check My Links Chrome – A Dream For Link Building
In this article, you will find information on how to install Check My Links using Google Chrome to make broken link checker Chrome on the site. You will also learn the fits of this extension and its capabilities. We will share simple steps on how to use this extension to solve a problem with broken links and show the maximum result with minimum time costs.
Benefits of the Chrome Extension – Check My Links
Just recently, webmasters used the Mozilla Firefox LinkChecker add-on to create links. Thanks to Ross Hudgens, who shared on Twitter his extension for Chrome – Check My Links, everyone realized that this was the most useful discovery of the year. Specialists began comparing these add-ons and switched to Chrome and Check My Links. To date, the tool has taken the position of the indispensable, economical, and most effective assistant number 1 in link building, which is used by webmasters around the world.
You can look at the work of these two add-ons and compare why the Chrome extension is so popular and why many experts call their work dead link building when they use the LinkChecker Firefox add-on.
- Working with this add-on is very slow. It takes a lot of time to assess the value of the page you are accessing.
- Another disadvantage that influences concentration at work is that it is impossible to check several pages at the same time. Waiting is a waste of time and doing something else distracts from the previous task.
- The work of this extension is built irrationally. It is not possible to set up a check on links that take up time. Everything is basically reversed, which greatly affects productivity. Some links are checked for 30 minutes or longer.
Unfortunately, before Check My Links there were no alternatives. Now, many have learned to value their time and realized how work progressed inefficiently without this extension. According to many global webmasters, this is one of the best extensions for finding 404 links on-page.
1. There is a check for redirects on the page. Read more about redirects in article 301 vs 302 Redirects.
2. Check for the presence of broken 404 errors.
3. High speed: In less than 10 seconds, Check My Links can check the entire page. Links that need the least time are checked.
4. The most important thing is the ability to check several pages at the same time, this saves a lot of time and effort, since many work with about 40 pages at a time.
5. It shows the exact error that the damaged link received (404, 500, etc.).
How to Install an Extension in Chrome – Check My Links
In order to install this extension you need to perform 3 simple steps:
- Install the Chrome browser on the device. The extension doesn’t work on other browsers.
- Install Check My Links Chrome Extension and activate it.
- Go to the browser and click on the icon in the upper right corner to launch the extension and use it.
How to Create/Replace Links After Finding Broken Ones?
The three most popular and effective methods can be distinguished. Since many people are interested in this issue, we suggest getting your individual experience working with the extension and choose the right option for you. All of these options require minimal effort and help to complete the job quickly and efficiently.
1. Direct Search and Replacement
Allows you to more precisely and carefully work out each broken link. Find the broken link and ask to replace it with a link to the desired site. To use this function the following must occur:
- Check each site separately in the tab with all the links and then work with pages that have a large number of external links.
- Blogs should have links on every page. On other sites, look for “links” or “resources.”
- The total should be 25 or more pages and no less. Analyze other blogs for comparison, and see what they use.
- Enable the installed Chrome extension when you look through all the links and find a couple of broken ones. Send an e-mail notification that you have found several broken links on the site and offer to replace at least one of them with a link to the desired site. It will be great if you can write down why you should do it. It is important not to be verbose but express your intentions briefly and simply. Here is an example of good writing, or a ready-made template that many web experts use:
Hello, * the name that is indicated on the site (it is desirable to find it)*!
While browsing the site, I came across some broken links. I wanted to draw your attention to them and advise you to check them. I feel that it is better to replace or remove them. I understand that you do not have much free time to search for new options, so I have provided a small list of such links below:
- Broken link number 1
- Broken link number 2
- Broken link number 3
Hopefully, this template proves useful. Links are constantly breaking and it’s difficult to notice them on time. In addition, the search for an alternative replacement is also a time-consuming process, so I propose to replace one of the bad links with a link to my site. This is an excellent resource about * indicate that the site/blog* that is relevant, useful, and will appeal to readers. You can find it here *here leave a link to the site*.
2. Content Replacement
Another great way that will save 90% of the time for all webmasters. This method allows you to be one step ahead and find what exactly was on the page that was referenced. Benefits:
- This method makes it possible to use the return function to find, view, and analyze what exactly is referenced. After receiving the information, you can recreate this piece of content on any desired site. The big benefit is that many web professionals will prefer to replace bad links with the same content. All you need to do is replace it.
- Using Open Site Explorer or Yahoo Site Explorer. They make it possible to find other sites that link to this page. This will increase the list of potential donors for relevant sites. Send an email and ask to replace these links with better ones.
- It is also possible to use Open Site Explorer or Yahoo Site Explorer to research blogs for broken links.
3. Broken Blogger Blogs
This is a new, but very effective feature. It is very controversial among webmasters. Most do not use it, but you need to try it yourself and make a decision.
- You can find broken links and check which ones point to subdomains on blogspot.com.
- You need to check if you can register a blog yourself. Then throw away a static page with a link to your desired blog using a promoted keyword.
- Be sure to indicate below that if anyone wants to follow this link, they will be able to do this at the new URL (link).
With these simple steps, your own base text appears, as well as a link with a lot of weight. Choose links depending on how many outgoing links point to this page. This way, the replacement process is as profitable as possible.
These 3 methods have brought real results to many content and SEO professionals around the world.
Use this current strategy in obtaining high-quality links so you don’t waste time in vain. We hope the article was helpful. For more information on the topic, read the articles – Build High-Quality Backlinks and 50+ Best Free SEO Chrome Extensions.